Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m going in for my first appointment for my full left Sleeve on the 12th of May. I know this is not the proper forum to talk about tattoos but this post is not about the tattoo itself but the fear and anticipation leading up to the tattoo.

I know once I sit down and get started I will be fine. I’m just scared shitless to get to that chair. I’ve been waiting months to get the attention of this artist and since we met he has become really stoked on do this work. I’m just looking down a very long time (25-35 hours minimum) and it seems just a tad overwhelming at this point.

I know I wil be ok but I thought I would share. I can’t be the only one that that gets a case of the shaky knees before a tattoo….

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Gsouder

Just wanted to stay stop been a pussy and get your arse in that chair – it only hurts ’till you pass out from the creaming. :p

Seriously though.

I have in excess of 50 hrs in chair time and before every appt I get that nervous knee shaking dread. That first buzz of the needle gets my heart beat racing.

Once needle touches skin I am fine. The key is to make sure you hav it done in manageble chunks so you o not feel like you have been through the butchers and then think same again in 2 weeks.

Post up when done.

Take Care
Matthew

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I actually feel sick when I can hear the machine start up, it’s worse because most of my work has been on my back so my tattooist is behind me and i can’t see what he is doing! He always says “Are you ready?” Of course I’m ready, I’m there aren’t I??? When I first started having my ink done he was quite reserved around me but since I have had loads of appointments, and so has my daughter, everything is more relaxed and the humour between him and his apprentice is quite something to listen to! Now that I’m done (for the minute) it seems strange not making my next appointment…………..oh well, once my car insurance and MOT are sorted……………….who knows?

SarahSmurf
Participant
@sarahsmurf

hahah for my first one i was hyperventilating before hand and as soon as the needle touched my skin i was fine. Its the anticipation thats the worst for me. I dont mind the pain so much.

random thought- why did i grow my hair this long??? its a bitch to straighten!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

It’s not yet 7 in the morning, I’m up, showered, dressed,meds taken, dogs fed, checked my online banking, got Nickelback playing (neighbours must love it as they never say anything), just waiting now for my daughter to bring her dog for dog sitting duties whilst we are at work, take kids to child care, then it’s hi ho hi ho off to work we go! Another day another dollar, or pound!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
vizzielover;67046 wrote:
It’s not yet 7 in the morning, I’m up, showered, dressed…..(endless list removed)

Damn, there’s something wrong with you! 😀

newyearspumpkin
Participant
@newyearspumpkin
vizzielover;66351 wrote:
Going out next week, got new white jeans, need a new top, red I think, to go with my red sandals – so, do I show my ink or cover up?

So, then I think, F**k it, it’s cost me a fortune, might as well show it off!

I know I’m late on this but I hope you showed it off! As long as my body looks halfway decent I’m showing mine, lol.

Chapter2
Participant
@chapter2

“cant believe i read all 6 pages,,i should be drawing wtf”

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

It’s may 5th… AND IT’S F***ING SNOWING!!!!!!
And so it has been, for the past five days. Global warming is actually starting to sound like a pretty good idea.

I’m used to snow from October through March/April, but May? Come on!!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Snowing………………..I’ll send my granddaughters to live with you!!! They love snow!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Chapter2;67126 wrote:
“cant believe i read all 6 pages,,i should be drawing wtf”

^^
Awesome!

Unrelated:

My wife and I were on a tour of our own apartment complex with this clearly nervous woman today. Don’t ask why were touring our own apartments, it’s a long story… actually, it’s not, we are moving in the same complex and looking for a cheaper place to live… but I digress. So we are driving around in this golf cart with this indian woman. She forced us to sit in the back, facing backwards, which of course makes me go into my world war II I’m-in-the-back-of-the-plane-manning-the-gun game embarrassing the shit out of my wife with the machine gun and the bombs and what not.

Over the electric sound of the golf cart and my vocal explorations into 75 year old warfare I hear the woman muttering to herself. She’s clearly lost, and apparently my fending off any rear attacks was not helping her feel any more secure about it. through the imaginary gun smoke and the bullets of the dirty looks my wife was giving me whizzing past my ear I hear these words fall out of the indian ladies mouth:

“I think…. No… It’s not her… no… theres 8543… that’s not…. yes yes, it’s right around this corner here, according to me.”

It took me about ten minutes to realize what she said. It’s not THAT funny but I got a severe case of the fuck no giggles- You know, you can’t giggle, fuck no, but you might explode if you don’t. By the time we got out of the apartment we were looking at I’m sure she thought I was a nut job and I wonder whether they made a note in my file.

Chapter2
Participant
@chapter2

just realized i completely wasted my time filling an entire post full of smiley faces,to find out you can only use 5 per post……:D:D:D:D:D….CUT OFF

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Got a bun in the oven – that got your attention – actually it’s more a cake than a bun – double drizzled lemon cake. Just got the urge to do some baking, forgot how long this b****y cake takes to bake but never mind it is worth it, best eaten warm with the lemon syrup still dripping down the sides mmmmmmmmmmm – Banoffee pie tomorrow I think!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Just drove 500 miles and laid down in this bed and realized I left my comfy memory foam pillow at home.

Chapter2
Participant
@chapter2

lol,nothing beats the plastic pillows at motel 8,the crunchy sound it makes when you move your head,and the way it sticks to your face when you wake up in the morning,,,,,ahhhh road trips how i miss them

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.