Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Jerry, It may faded in spots, but I’m not going to get a touch up, that’s for sure. I had a big gaping hole in my skin. They said to cover it so skin would grow faster. Only used it for a day or two.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 127456 wrote:

(1)Peeling is a normal part of the healing process. (2) Oh BTW I am an asshole but most here are not./QUOTE]

Regarding (1) yes indeed. (2) yes, but I have asshole tendencies myself from time to time.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Kol 127460 wrote:

Hi Wheat, Yes I did. A shop that had won countless awards. I forgot to mention, toward the end of the tattooing, he was blowing on his tattoo gun. At that point, I was committed. I do have a lot of allergies to things and I did take a risk getting it, but I thought I’d be OK. Lesson learned.

Shops don’t win awards tattooists do a shop can have one good tattooist and five crappy ones..
    I’m sitting here slack jawed on your comment that he was blowing on his tattoo machine, I really don’t think I need to tell you how bad that is. Do your “award winning” shop a favor and find the owner or shop manager and talk to them about this. They need to know this is happening.This tattooist needs to be trained in safe tattooing practices. Maybe they have a better tattooist that can go over your tattoo and help clean it up for free (but tip the tattooist). If they do this please post a link to their work before they tattoo you and let us take a look at their ability’s. We can also help you find a new tattooist.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Yeah, that’s true. Apparently he wasn’t as good as the rest of the artists. Yeah. No, you don’t. I know. I will let him know. Thanks for the offer, but I really and truly don’t want a touch up. It’ll have some imperfections, but so do I with my brain injury scars, etc. It’ll be a reminder that I made it through this as well. *Especially* that I made it through the infection that I got.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Had to go to the ER last night, it was so bad. They told me to use Benadryl cream and orally. Both are helping, but as soon as it wears off, all hell breaks loose. I’m hoping I get past hump and it won’t have to have it removed. I am calling my dermatologist to see if I can get some steroid cream. I heard that can really help.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Try to take and apply the benadryl on a regular schedule, before it wears off, and that will help a lot. Hope it stops itching soon. Actually I hope that it has already stopped. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time healing.

and ‘he was blowing on his machine’??? EWWWWW. 😮

I gotta say, I love that you want to embrace the imperfections in your tattoo.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Sounds like the tattoo is more trouble than it was worth

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

I will. Thank you. Not yet, but it is dying down, the intensity. Thank you.

Yup! :p

🙂 Thank you.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

At the moment, yes, Mistress…but I’m confident that I’ll get over it.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Kol 127512 wrote:

At the moment, yes, Mistress…but I’m confident that I’ll get over it.

That’s good

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Doing better. The Benadryl is working. I took doses of Benadryl Orally on Saturday, yesterday one oral and two doses of the topical Benadryl (got tired of being loopy and tired on it). I’m going to switch to topical Benadryl from now on. Hopefully I get over this allergy. Maybe I can get some steroid cream on Wednesday when I see the dermatologist.

Update: Going to the Dermatologist today.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Kol 127464 wrote:

Hey Grey Cat,

Yeah it is. I got it for my brain injury, Chiari Malformation. The condition is drastically uneducated by doctors and I wanted awareness 24/7/365…just didn’t think it would be self-awareness at the moment, LOL.

AHA! I knew it was a neuro condition based on the tattoo. (I work in neuro peds, but I’ve only heard of Chiari Malformation en passant for certification test questions.)

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Yep! I hope you’re being taught correctly. There’s a lot of false assumptions passed down from ignorant physicians.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

UPDATE:

Saw the dermatologist today. She gave me a steroid cream, but she said, “I don’t think you’ll even need it for the full two weeks.” and praised me for being proactive, that it made a difference in my healing – i.e. no scar tissues, etc.

Thank you for your support/advice. I will update you in two weeks.

BTW, does anyone else have issues with this forum? Mine keeps refreshing. I have to click the “x” to make it stop refreshing. But as soon as I sign in, it’s fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.