divy
Participant
@divy

i am horrible at adding color to my sketches, any advice on what pencils/paint are best to add color to your art. at the moment using the old faber castels. they aint giving me much justice. any help much appreciated.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Watercolors – I use liquid watercolors. It’s either Nichols or Nicholsons Peerless Liquid Watercolors. Really easy to blend and color mix with these.

Liquid Acrylics – I use Liquitex Liquid Acrylics, works like watercolors, faster drying time, harder to blend though.

Colored Pencils – Prizmacolor colored pencils. They are the best blending, nicest colors out there.

Paper – Arches 140 LB watercolor paper. Paper is every bit as important as paint or pencil. You need a good foundation to build upon right? For colored pencil they sell sketchbooks with brownish paper. It works great because you start with a mid tone and you can use white colored pencils to white highlight things.

This is what works for me. You may find better materials for you.

Post some of your stuff. I love seeing other artists work. Even your line drawings if you aren’t confident with coloring and shading yet. I can give you some pointers on how to apply your watercolors if you’d like.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.