Nemo
    @

Hip-hop today is trash… T.I., Yung Joc, Kanye West, Lil Wayne? I’m sure everyone knows today that if Big L was alive he’d put these “rappers” to shame… Most people today can’t even name the four elements of hip-hop… Hip-hop dance isn’t real hip-hop either…. no one gives real credit to the bboys…. how come most of the youth today don’t want to listen real lyricists like Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, Aesop Rock, and MF Doom? At least the some “gangsta” rap before 2001 contained a little substance, none of this weak bling bling, hoes, sex, and money bs.

Anyone seen the video on youtube? Hip-hop today is not hip-hop… it’s shit-hop.

sss d
    @

masta inspectah hell ya bro i feel u on every note u said

hip hop today is bullshit but the real hip hop will never die masta and inspectah both have new albums out wu got another album comin raekwon got an instant classic comin ghost put out like 6 cds this and last year method had an album plus all the underground wu family members like cilvaringz from the killa beez that album is straig fire bronze nazareth all that is great music just that nobody supports it but just as how the rebel ins said he survived without any commercial support and so will hip hop some how itll save itself im not worried

Melissa M
    Participant
    @melissa-m

Whats the question?

Joey J
    Participant
    @joey-j

I agree. Only these kid’s also might not have the sources to listen to these guys. I mean those aren’t the type of guys to get their name out there. MF Doom did have his whole Adult Swim thing though. But it was still far from main stream music.

But I agree. Only I’d take Kanye West off. He might be a little lazy on some rhymes, but when he’s on his game he can be up there. He’s no where near at the bottom like Yung Joc.

pinoyboy
    Participant
    @pinoyboy

ummmmmm…iono man.

i love hiphop. visionaries, hiero, mf doom, typical cats, common, talib, etc.
    and kanyes not that bad either, although he was better on college dropout, his next album will still prolly be better than the other ish they play on the radio.

and yes, big l would murder a lot of mcs, but thats just cus hes big l, he was one of the greatest.

but about the bboy thing, i love bboys/girls, most of my friends are hiphop heads/sneakerheads/bboys/bgirls. and i love the whole hiphop culture, which does include breaking and graffiti by the way.

but i know what you mean rap (not hiphop) on the radio is total bs nowadays

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.