KeystoneRyda
    Participant
    @keystoneryda

Im trying to figure out how old the YA hip hop heads are, and how long you have been listening.

I started really getting into it in 92′, I was like 11 or 12. Snoop was just comming out. And then when I heard the Wu-tang for the first time…I have been a hip hop head ever since.

When did you become a fan of rap/hip hop?????

babyphatu
    @

ever since i can remember really i would just listen to songs on the radio and they would get stuck in my head.so like all my life.

CoolCat
    Participant
    @coolcat

Like in ’03
    I started listening to the radio
    sheesh, that was a mistake
    then
    spent like a year listening to all sorts of music
    then like in ’04-05
    I started listening to all the classics
    and started disliking the radio

xXBonethuG187Xx
    Participant
    @xxbonethug187xx

I was listening to it a little when i was young but not really that much, because we didnt have any cable, so no music channels. I was listenin to the Jock Jams CDs, and we had some others, like public enemy and NWA, and will smithm but i never got into it hard til 2000. Im 18 at the moment. Now im obsessed with it, lol im listening to slum village’s first album rite now, its funny how i went from Jock Jams to Underground for my stuff. Everyone starts somewhere, whether its from Jay-z or eminem, or lil’ Jon lol

cirons03
    Participant
    @cirons03

I was pretty much the same. ’92. I was 10. My neighbor gave me a copy of The Chronic on tape and it was game over from then on.

Engage Me
    Participant
    @engage-me

Definitely an oldschooler here. I first became a Hip Hop fan in 1985 (Run DMC, Whodini, Doug E. Fresh etc..), at the age of 13. However, like yourself, I REALLY (I mean REALLY) begun to love and embrace Hip Hop in 92″ at age 19. So, I know exactly where you’re coming regarding 92″ I remember that summer like it were yesterday… All you heard on the radio out here was KRS-1, A Tribe Called Quest, Dela Soul, Black Sheep, Snoop, Dre, Ice Cube, Das Efx, Pete Rock n CL Smooth, Outkast, Rakim, Souls of Mischief, UMCs, Cypress Hill, Wu-tang.. etc. I’ve said this before on this forum, and I’ll say it again, 1992 was THE golden year for Hip Hop. Those were the good ole days when you could sit back and watch Yo! MTV Raps or Rap City on a Saturday afternoon and actually enjoy everything that came on, because most of everything was good. miss those days……

hubbawubbub
    Participant
    @hubbawubbub

1984. The Fat boys were the first rap artists I ever listened to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.