Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

Hello,
    I’m new here and i was hopping I’ll be able to find some help here.
    I want to have a Maori tattoo but it is extremely hard to find a Maori tattoo artist. I need it to be a Maori artist cause i want my tattoo to have a meaning and not just pretty symbols. and cause i want to make sure i wont insult any Maoris by wearing the tattoo.
    The only site i could find is this one but they haven’t replied to my E-mails. This is exactly what I’m looking for.
    http://www.maori-arts.com/tikitat/index.htm

I hope someone here can help me out.
    Gil

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

sorry i cant help out , but i was wondering if you could just research the designs so you know it means something and then find a good artist to do the tattoo to for you .

just a thought :confused:

Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

@Butterfly_Kisses 27054 wrote:

sorry i cant help out , but i was wondering if you could just research the designs so you know it means something and then find a good artist to do the tattoo to for you .

just a thought :confused:

i tried but couldn’t dig up enough of info.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

thats a shame,

have you ever looked to see if they is any books written about maori tattoo’s ?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

just found this site

http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/maori-tattoos.html

near the bottom of the page it says that maori people can be offended by none maori people having a maori tattoo 🙁
    might explain why you didnt get an answer from the people from the site you listed .

Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

@Butterfly_Kisses 27059 wrote:

just found this site

http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/maori-tattoos.html

near the bottom of the page it says that maori people can be offended by none maori people having a maori tattoo 🙁
    might explain why you didnt get an answer from the people from the site you listed .

I know but at the website i found it says it can be offensive and this is why you need a Maori to do it for you. He will know what will be offensive and what will be ok.

and no, i havent found a book which expleines the symbols. not a detaild one.

12 step
    Participant
    @12-step

@Giluts 27062 wrote:

I know but at the website i found it says it can be offensive and this is why you need a Maori to do it for you. He will know what will be offensive and what will be ok.

and no, i havent found a book which expleines the symbols. not a detaild one.

iv got maori with me, mum,dad, sisters and there kids that was not done by a traditional maori tattoo artist and im going to new zealand in a few weeks to see my sister and im going to get a traditional one done so i dont no what there going to think of the one i got now if they get offended they may not tattoo me cuz im going to a traditional maori tattoo shop where there going to do it the way they did it like 2000 years ago where the tools are all made of bone

if i find any books il get the titels and post them for you

Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

thats so cool. i should have done mine when i was there, 5 years ago.
    do you know where you are gonna do it?

12 step
    Participant
    @12-step

@Giluts 27066 wrote:

thats so cool. i should have done mine when i was there, 5 years ago.
    do you know where you are gonna do it?

no not yet my sister told me ther is a shop there that dose it like that

Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

@12 step 27071 wrote:

no not yet my sister told me ther is a shop there that dose it like that

do you think she has an e-mail or website of the place?

12 step
    Participant
    @12-step

@Giluts 27074 wrote:

do you think she has an e-mail or website of the place?

dont no i will e-mail her now and see if shecan get it

Giluts
    Participant
    @giluts

@12 step 27075 wrote:

dont no i will e-mail her now and see if shecan get it

cheers mate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.