Jake_
    Participant
    @jake_

Hi,
    For me there is always more to tattoos than just the art, I love finding out about the story behind the tattoo. To get an idea of what I am doing check out this You Tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUwLwBZpDM“]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUwLwBZpDM.

So what is your tattoo story? What does your work mean to you? You can read my stories here http://talkingtattoos.com/?id=112&member=3AF01BCBA326CD93.

Looking forward to seeing your replies.

Jake

jessjayne
    Participant
    @jessjayne

well i have three tattoos so far.

#1. I have “Confidence Is Beautiful” written on the muscle above the collar bone. I feel like its just a true all around statement. Especially for girls. In society today females believe to be beautiful you have to be stick thin with big boobs and big butt. But its so not true. I just hope when people see me with this tattoo they think about what it really means.

#2. My second tattoo is 10 different words with 5 little symbols all shaped into a star. This piece took me a couple days to think up. Words express me if you can’t tell already. But the 10 words describe what i stand for and what im made up of.

#3. My last but not least tattoo is the beginning of a music piece from the move “Schindlers List.” The music is written in Alto Clef. I play the Viola and also the piano. But i excel more at the viola. The viola has presented many oppurtunities in my life and has taught me to try new things. But I chose the theme song for this movie because it is beautiful and is actually played by a viola and is my favorite piece for my instrument. I always wanted a tattoo to deal with the viola and this was my perfect idea for instead of the alto clef which is pretty cliche in my opinion cause of everyone having a treble clef or bass.

Jake_
    Participant
    @jake_

Hi Jessjayne,

That is so cool, I find when you can read the story the tattoo has so much more impact. I would love to see your tattoo stories on my website http://talkingtattoos.com and thats heaps for taking the time to reply to this thread.
    Jake

stspring
    @

I AM TRYING TO FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS DESIGN I THINK IT GOES ALONG WITH TRADITIONAL TATTOO ART WORK. LET ME KNOW YOUR IDEAS OR OPINIONS THANKS.

C:UsersStevePicturestattoo stuffTattoo_flash_9_by_FABRFOX.jpg

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    stspring;35140 wrote:
    I AM TRYING TO FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS DESIGN I THINK IT GOES ALONG WITH TRADITIONAL TATTOO ART WORK. LET ME KNOW YOUR IDEAS OR OPINIONS THANKS.

GRAMMAR IS BAD! DIE GRAMMAR! I SHOUT EVERYTHING! MAKES IT MORE IMPORTANT!!

Jesus dude, it’s obnoxious to type all in caps. Please refrain from this in the future as it makes you look like a total douche bag.

Now, on to more relevant points.

To me, tattoos don’t need stories. Honestly, I find most of those with stories tend to be contrived, and, frankly repetitive. Every time I hear that “this tattoo is a memorial for someone I loved who croaked”, or “this represents how I live life to the fucking edge/I’m a free spirit”, I kinda roll my eyes a little.

I’m not saying that stories or “in memory of” aren’t valid, but in my mind, they miss the point.

Tattoos are art. They exist in, of, and for themselves. They simply are, and that’s what makes them so pure.

Of all my tattoos, only one has a story other than “this would be an awesome design”, and that’s the matching one I got with my wife for my third wedding anniversary. And that’s the whole story–it’s a tattoo we got because A) I thought the design was awesome, and B) she saw the tattoo as a bigger promise to stay with her than the actual wedding vows.

And even that makes me roll my eyes a bit -_-;

Love. Peace. Metallica.

amishman863
    Participant
    @amishman863

I have one. It is a ship in the waves with its sails tattered. On top it has Everlast. Meaning to persevere. It is my first tattoo and I have thought about it for maybe 5 – 6 years until I got it. Im 19 now.

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

I have one memorial tattoo, for my lovely dog, however the other two I have just because I liked them, no reason in particular……I wanted a dragon and just waited until i found the one I liked, another is a sun, and once again, just because i liked it.:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.