xhxc_pyrox
    @

Hey everyone,
    Hows it going? I have a question about stretchmarks and sleeve tattoos so hopefully I can get some help.

I want a skull sleve done in black and white ink. I’m a former fatty and lost weight and got into weightlifting and have decent sized arms now. The problem is I have some stretchmarks on my biceps/triceps that are very soft, thin, white but theres alot of them. The rest of my arm is smooth as could be but just this one little area concerns me. I’ve attached a picture to kinda give you an idea of how many they are but mine are much smoother, thinner and blend in with my skin. In short, mine isn’t have as bad as this and aren’t real noticeable.

Question is short:
    Can you tattoo over very thin, white, soft(but many) stretchmarks? The quality of the tattoo doesn’t have to be perfect in that small area, but must look good.

Cliff Notes:
    Wants a sleeve tatto in black and white ink
    Has stretchmarks on biceps/triceps(Very smooth,white,thin, soft(but many) in that area.
    Wants to know if I can get a tattoo in that area.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5898/34005.jpg

Other
    Thanks to any help I can get as im dying to know before I attempt to start. I know an artist would be the best place to look, but right now im trying to get a general idea of what I can do. Goodday to you all and I hope to see you around the forums for some time to come.

Ross_W
    Participant
    @ross_w

Yes, it is very possible to tattoo over light stretch marks. Your artist may have to go over it a second time after it heals, as the ink may not hold as well, but you should be fine. Also, having them tattooed over is somewhat more painful.

Just let your artist know your concerns and im sure he/she will be able to accomodate you.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

good advice ross, ive tattooed over many stretchmarks, the only problem i have found in some cases is the needle can hit the scar tissue and go where it wants to, hence i hold on tight lol, ive also tattooed a stomach that looked fine, no stretch marks, but has had stretch marks and scar tissue under the skin….that was weird, its a little harder to do than normal skin, im also in the process of doing 2 full sleeves on a woman who has scars all over her arms, this is hard going, but is turning out fine and healing well. I dont think you’ll have any worries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.