mlotierz
    Participant
    @mlotierz

Hey everyone!

I’ve been thinking about getting my third tattoo based on a rather detailed design. There are a lot of small details in it and one of the concerns I have is that the design may blur into itself as time passes. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to offer on this concern.

Here’s the picture of the design:

a_day_to_remember_-_homesick.jpg

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

That image wouldn’t translate very well into a tattoo. I wouldn’t want to see what it looks like after aging for 20 years lol.

I would say the concept would be done easily. The tattoo artist would have to cut it down in half.

But it looks pretty cool.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That amount of fine detail so close together will blur with time and you end up getting ink spread.

If you are willing to spread out the detail so that there is more space between the vegetation and have the spiderweb as the distance focus and the human in the foreground it can be done as a ok tattoo.

I would also space out the spiders so that they are on both shoulder blades – something that complex could only really work if you went big as in a backpiece to do it justice.

Take Care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

two perfectly answered replies 😉

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i think the idea would make a cool back piece , would have to not have so many close vines though .
    is it from a cd cover ? seems to ring a bell but i cant place why :rolleyes:

mlotierz
    Participant
    @mlotierz

Hey guys,

That’s what I thought, but just wanted it confirmed. I’ll keep the idea of spreading out the detail whenever I decide to get it done–tattoo funds are scarce nowadays :-/

Oh, and it’s the CD cover from A DAY TO REMEMBER’s latest album, Homesick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.