zoeconner
    Participant
    @zoeconner

Im getting a first tattoo and went through hudreds of tats. Im looking for a koi but I dont want it to look like a cartoon. I want it real looking. Here is a video that I really really like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LGwcrvs7-4
    What do I tell an artist when I get this. How do U know he could do it? Can you tell im nervous:) If anyone has a pic like this please let me know so I can show them.

thanks
    Steve

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

cant you email the studio the utube link?

zoeconner
    Participant
    @zoeconner

Yea I could. I’m just scared that it will look bad on my arm. Is this tattoo a hard? I thought maybe a pic you can buy online.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    zoeconner;45331 wrote:
    . Is this tattoo a hard?

lets just say, dont waste your time or body going to a friend of a friend who does tattos from in their kitchen… 😉

check on sites such as ratemyink.com or deviantart.com for koi tattoo’s

zoeconner
    Participant
    @zoeconner

Ill remember that. What started this was I was looking around at some local shops and one place said it would take 2 hours and another place said 4 hours. does the one that takes the longest going to be better.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    zoeconner;45348 wrote:
    Ill remember that. What started this was I was looking around at some local shops and one place said it would take 2 hours and another place said 4 hours. does the one that takes the longest going to be better.

I cant imagine a design like that one being completed in two hours, if its to look any good afterwards? Its quite a big and detailed piece, 4 hours seems more realistic, I’d give the 2 hr quote a wide berth I think TBH.

I would say an artist that takes longer is better because they will obviously add more detail, but you really have to check out some of their work before you use them, find out how many yrs they have being tattooing? ask to see a portfolio or check their web site for tattoo’s they have completed? before you even consider using them.

Don’t make the mistake I made in my younger years by going to the nearest tattoo studio because its convenient or cheaper, you will live to regret it, find a good artist.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    zoeconner;45331 wrote:
    Yea I could. I’m just scared that it will look bad on my arm. Is this tattoo a hard? I thought maybe a pic you can buy online.

If you can get the artist to see the design, they may even be familiar with the design, or can draw you up a design that you are happy with that resembles that design, most tattoo studios have hundreds, possibly thousands of flash designs to browse through, take yourself to a studio, take a seat & browse through them, you may find that or a similar design you are happy with?

Have you considered tracking down the artist in the video? Don’t know your location or his? but maybe you could contact him by phone or email? or post a response message on you utube even and he or someone else may even reply back? if you want it that bad its worth a punt!

Good luck 😎

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

There are plenty of images on the net of real Koi why not get a few that you like and find an artist to draw a more life-like version of one.

The Koi is a very popular tattoo and I haveseen hundreds so all tattooists of a decent skill will have exp in doing them.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.