InkProfessor
Participant
@inkprofessor

I have always wondered why people call tattoos tats or tatt’s. To tat is to make lace. For centuries that’s what it was. Then in the late 80’s people started to refer to tattoos as one of the two if you can say one of the syllables why can’t people just add the other? It’s easy and not cheesy to say [ta-too]. I don’t make lace man! Thanks for the brief moment to say that…I’m cool call it what you want just know you shouldn’t be referring to your prized art as dusty old lace. just sayin’

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I think the word “tatt” is kinda dumb too.

“Hey, sweet tatt brah!”

But really people are just lazy….why do they shorten names like “Bridget” to “Bridge” or “Brian” to “Bri”…or whatever.

That second syllable takes a lot of energy to say. 😀

clay1680
@

People say it because everyone understands it as tattoo and no one knows or gives a fuck that it means lace. also its just a shortened version of the word so i say tat all the time n it really does not bother me at all when people say tat.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Really? come on, tat; tatt; tattoo, whatever.

Cheers,
Marcus

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Humans in general are just getting more and more lazy. Look at text-speak or 1337-5p33k… the only aim seems to be to get words down to as few letters as possible, regardless of whether or not it’s legible/understandable afterward.

That being said, it’s not a big issue really. Whether someone says Tattoo or Tat, or Britney or Brit.. no difference.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
ArniVidar;82235 wrote:
Humans in general are just getting more and more lazy. Look at text-speak or 1337-5p33k… the only aim seems to be to get words down to as few letters as possible, regardless of whether or not it’s legible/understandable afterward.

That being said, it’s not a big issue really. Whether someone says Tattoo or Tat, or Britney or Brit.. no difference.

QFT.

i was too lazy to type “quoted for truth” so i just typed QFT. but now i am all out of breath after this explanation i think i will go take a nap now…

ArniVidar
@arnividar
yodaddynukka;82238 wrote:
i was too lazy to type “quoted for truth” so i just typed qft.

omg, lol 😉

InkProfessor
Participant
@inkprofessor

You got what I was saying I wasn’t referring to tatt for real it was just a question about all the shorthand text speak stuff on these forums and such and it’s confusing as hell QTF was one of them…and the post was created more out of bordem and wanting to break the ice to get involved with this forum. I introduced myself and even replied to a few mildly harsh threads, but saw a little too much catty sh*t to want to ask what do all these shorthand terms mean? Are we that lazy man damn,ha.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

To me tat sounds like what the guy in the trailer park has. I have tattoos or ink.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I really can’t stand all the lazy text speak, abbreviations, emoticons, etc. even when texting. LOL drives me nuts! I also don’t really like the word tat, like buttwheat said it sounds kind of ghetto or trailer parkish. Maybe trivial but use the whole word tattoo, it’s really not that hard.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

What if you have a lacy tattoo? Or a tattoo of lace? Is that a tat tatt? Or if its on a breast, is that tit for tatt? Or a tatt of tat on a tit? 😀

InkProfessor
Participant
@inkprofessor

A tat tatt on a tit…There does seem to be a trailer park feel to it.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz
buttwheat;82252 wrote:
To me tat sounds like what the guy in the trailer park has. I have tattoos or ink.

That’s pretty much the way I feel about it.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

When I hear “Tatt” I more think of someone trying just a little too hard to be cool about it.

I tend to say “Ink”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.