anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;87781 wrote:
who fuckin cares what anyone else thinks?

+1

… and as for being judged, that’s life. Somewhere along the way in recent years, the word “judgment” took on this negative connotation – but we all judge others, each and every day of our lives. It’s just human nature no matter how open-minded and accepting we may claim to be (e.g. the Fundamental Attribution Error). Even within the tattoo community I can think of one very common example. Anyone seeking any type of pain meds for their tat gets judged right off.

In any case, I say f**k ’em. Don’t rely on others for your own self-worth.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi D3FiANC3, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

THANKS!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Grow a thicker skin? Seriously Ms. Mercury, what parallel universe did you grow up in before immigrating to ours that taught you that tattoos were socially acceptable? Have you even lived in America? Even when someone is not an outright bigot, people here still defend to the death their right to use the word “gay” to describe something they generally disapprove of, and then have the gall to claim that doing so isn’t bigoted.

Hell, I’ve had that argument on this very forum a couple dozen times.

Seriously, it’s hard to feel sorry for your hurt feelings. People being dicks to us is the price we pay for our art, and for our community of inked up freaks. It’s just what happens when you step out of the stereotypical white, cisgendered, straight, Christian, tattooless mold. And all that’s without adding in the glaring red political issue of homosexuality.

So learn to give them the finger, and forget about it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.