rush998
Participant
@rush998

Hey all! I am Rush, and somewhat new to the art of ink, i have two tattoos. One is on my forearm, on the underside, and the other is just two days old, on my upper right arm(bicep/tricep area) and up on my delts.

Heres my question. Much like my forearm tattoo, i noticed that when it was healing, i saw the scab on the outline, but the ink had ever slightly was wider than the scab, or the original line. Its happen to both of my tattoos.

At first i thought i had over lotioned my forearm, but i have been following what my artist told me to do, but its still doing the same thing.

They also wanted me to saran wrap it for the first two days, but whenever i put the saran wrap on, i immediately started sweating, and the shop said not to sweat, so i just left it off.

Is it normal for the healed ink to be slightly wider than the original line? Am i making myself clear? hahaha!

I plan on getting half my back done soon, and am wondering what i am doing wrong, or if it was normal.

thanks!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

No it is not normal but is usually called a ‘blow out’ this is where the pigment has leaked from the containing hole into the skin around it.

This is usually the result of skin being overworked so that there is a tear in the dermis (skin).

There are other reasons for this incl poor aftercare but would need to see pics.

The artist should be able to fix this problem by fattening the outline on a touch up.

Take care
Matthew

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

rush, you should definately post pics, doesnt sound good, sounds like bad aftercare and a bad tattoo

rush998
Participant
@rush998

How do i post up photos? Im in advanced reply but i cant find anything to upload from my drive.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
rush998;98573 wrote:
How do i post up photos? Im in advanced reply but i cant find anything to upload from my drive.

Add to your album or you can use a website like Tinypic.

rush998
Participant
@rush998

Alright posted. HOpefully they are okay, and you can see what i am talking about.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Woopdie doo! Did my first time “newbie-album-extraction”. All hail Bert!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Oh shit it looks like you got the Aids.

Oh and congrats Bert

sbtome5998
Participant
@sbtome5998
rush998;98464 wrote:
Hey all! I am Rush, and somewhat new to the art of ink, i have two tattoos. One is on my forearm, on the underside, and the other is just two days old, on my upper right arm(bicep/tricep area) and up on my delts.

Heres my question. Much like my forearm tattoo, i noticed that when it was healing, i saw the scab on the outline, but the ink had ever slightly was wider than the scab, or the original line. Its happen to both of my tattoos.

At first i thought i had over lotioned my forearm, but i have been following what my artist told me to do, but its still doing the same thing.

They also wanted me to saran wrap it for the first two days, but whenever i put the saran wrap on, i immediately started sweating, and the shop said not to sweat, so i just left it off.

Is it normal for the healed ink to be slightly wider than the original line? Am i making myself clear? hahaha!

I plan on getting half my back done soon, and am wondering what i am doing wrong, or if it was normal.

thanks!

NEVER seran wrap for 2 days!!! Maybe the first 2 hours, but that’s it. I never wear taped on paper towel or seran wrap when i leave a shop. I walk out with just a thin layer of Aquatat over it. Aquatat is made by a company called H2Ocean and its the only pharmaceutical and FDA Approved ointment out there that was MADE for healing tattoos!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
sbtome5998;98848 wrote:
NEVER seran wrap for 2 days!!! Maybe the first 2 hours, but that’s it. I never wear taped on paper towel or seran wrap when i leave a shop. I walk out with just a thin layer of Aquatat over it. Aquatat is made by a company called H2Ocean and its the only pharmaceutical and FDA Approved ointment out there that was MADE for healing tattoos!

You don’t happen to work for H2Ocean do you?

Amok
Participant
@amok
sbtome5998;98848 wrote:

Only suckers buy stuff like that, overpriced and no better than plain old bepanthen.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
Amok;98867 wrote:
Only suckers buy stuff like that, overpriced and no better than plain old bepanthen.

I used Tattoo Goo on my first becasue it was recommended to me, and since it was my first I didn’t know what was good or bad. There is SO MUCH conflicting info on aftercare, even on this forum, that I just went with it. But, my artist basically told me, “Its a wound, it needs to heal. Keep it as dry and clean as possible, don’t put too much of anything on it.”. So I used so little of the product I could probably get 10 more tattoos and not finish the stuff I have on hand.

That guy does sound like hes trying to sell that H2Ocean stuff, though…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.