Technic
    Participant
    @technic

okay. so I misspelled the word Practical when I went to get this done.
    I didn’t realize it til a week later, the website I found the quote had it spelt wrong as well.
    I just wanna get a few ideas of how I can fix this.

IMG_0053.jpg

any ideas please send them my way. thanks!

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Go to the artist who did that and raise all hell. That really does fall on him.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Normally, I’d agree with you man, but, on the other hand if technic gave him the quote, dude probably just assumed he, being the quote haver, had the damned thing spelled right.

As for how to fix it…wow, that’s a toughie.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You can fix it but will mean a major overhaul of the tattoo.

First you will need to add some form of scrollwork, lattice or knotwork (as an example) at the start and the end giving the start and end letters much more ‘swirl’.

Step one

Bolden the P so it is thicker and then add more swirl to the edges and bottom of the letter.

Step two add some more line work on the letters making them more fancy and bolden them out so they are thicker.

Step Three

Continue until you reach the ‘L’ loop this down so it forms an ‘A’ with the ‘E’. because you have thickened out the other letters it will be less noticable especillay if you have more fancy work on the font.

Step four

Add the letter ‘L’ at the end and finish with a fancy flourish.

Please note you will need a shit hot tattooist to do this otherwise will look a dog’s dinner.

If you are unsure there are 2 other steps you can take.

Laser – get the letters removed but will be upto 12 mths before you can tattoo over it.

Or leave it alone – it looks unique and frankly it could be seen as an eccentric interpretation – it is art not a spelling Bee.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i dont know what to say lol, i did a piece a few weeks back which had a word in it spelt differently from how i would spell it, i questioned the client, and that was the way she wanted it spelt. I would actually leave it be.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

It’s on your ribs so it’s in a more conspicuous place than say your arm. i would either leave it or laser the word and re-do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.