Joink
Participant
@joink

I went to a different guy this time and definitely enjoyed the experience much more. He took my idea and drew it (didn’t just make me pick from a book) and went to work. It still needs more shading, but I like the way it came out so far. Took approx. 4 hours with a few breaks. I’m going to let him shade my other one and add some japanese floral/skulls etc to it.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

looks good dude congrats

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Looks good man! Shading looks pretty smooth

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

I like it! Will it have eyes, or is the no eyes an intentional thing?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I really like this! Looks great! :):):)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looking good. I’m not to sure on the deer antlers though.

Joink
Participant
@joink

I actually like the “antlers.” I wasn’t sure about them at first, but I think it gives the dragon a little more character per se, rather than your typical horns. I can’t wait until it’s finished so I can add some more shit and start working towards a full half-sleeve. He’s shading my hannya on Friday and I’ll probably add some japanese skulls/floral or something to it as well.

Joink
Participant
@joink
Cledus985;94680 wrote:
I like it! Will it have eyes, or is the no eyes an intentional thing?

I’m not sure what his plan is actually. I’m assuming it will stay that way. I basically let him do what he wanted with my idea.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

i like it as well…

only critique is on the teeth/fangs portion… i think they are not lined-up properly… i know there’s a perspective view effect but not sure if it’s achieved properly… it looks flat as if the 4 fangs are lined-up together… just my opinion…

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1
Joink;94675 wrote:
He took my idea and drew it (didn’t just make me pick from a book) and went to work.

He should have looked at several books before going to work. Horns on forehead, stache coming out of nose, none of the facial parts line up, neck to head transition is off, one whisker coming out of mustache while one is behind nose, weird opening on side of mouth, no ears, no tongue, no spine, no claws, some lines are bold and sculpted some not, lines not connecting.
I like the other tattoo better.

Joink
Participant
@joink

I see your points, but I still like it. The line work on the hannya is nice, but it’s also traced right out of a book so I’d expect it to be damn near perfect. I’d like to let the same guy shade it, but he’s too expensive for me and canceled another appt on me.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I also like the first one much better.

Joink
Participant
@joink

Now I like my first one better after shading. Hopefully this one will look better when finished.

Amok
Participant
@amok

sometimes they leave the eyes blank until you get another tattoo facing it, so they can have both creatures kindof facing off against each other

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.