Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Hi all,

Two weeks ago, I got my first tattoo. I’ve had a rough go of it, for my first time. I had an infection, a nasty scab because of bubbling on my skin that burst. I had a period where I had very little itchiness and the typical pieces of skin coming off as it’s healing. I had the usual peeling as well. But, now, the last few days, the itchiness is almost NEVER relieved. I’ve tried all the recommended lotions/ointments under the sun. Even Hydrocortizone, makes me itch even more!!!! WHAT????! The only things that give me any kind of relief is cold water, ice packs and Jojoba oil. But all of them are too short lived for me. A few days in, I got this chicken skin, keratosis. I have them on my skin around my tattoo and in my tattoo, but I can’t tell if it’s an allergic type bump or if they are bumps from the keratosis and are just blending in. I took some photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200342733665418.1073741826.1066928503&type=1&l=7cb99f8a0e

You can see the entire progression.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kol

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Did you get this done at a shop? I’m sorry but that is very poorly done. It looks as if you had a reaction to something. Please research out a better tattooist for your next one.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!
    I’ve had some nasty scabbing and sever swelling when I reacted to a numbing agent. I used Tea Tree Oil to slowly reduce the scabs. Some were deep too. With patience, and no picking, I got through. It will be getting touched up.
    Itching? Some places just fucking itch. I’ve been getting worked on every two or three weeks. I’m continuously healing and itching.

Keep us posted

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I agree with Wheat, that is VERY poorly done especially if you DID go to a shop. Sounds like you’ve had one hell of a time during the healing process as well. The design concept is different and definitely unique but you should have definitely found somewhere better to go

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

The only time that I had unending itchiness (so bad that I slept with an icepack) was because I was not getting the area clean enough so the lotion I used clogged my pores and caused ITCHY red bumps (diaper rash). Took some anti-histamines and cleaned that sucker way better, itchiness and bumps were gone within a day or two.

Sometimes tattoos itch more than others – my last one was pretty itchy for a couple of days – but nothing like the rash from not using enough soap and water. (Not saying that is your problem. But lotion clogging your pores will itch like crazy.)

And like the advice above – do not go back to whoever did that one for you. They did not do a very good job. Find a better artist. Next time with a little research you can do way better.

Hope you heal up quickly now. Until then, the icepack is your best friend.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It’s a purple ribbon with a brain in the middle? What is it? An homage to Rett’s syndrome?

I’m not being funny. I just can’t tell what it is.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Sam…really? No loss of color? Looks pretty pale to me.

Never seen someone use a finger bandaid on a fresh tattoo before.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

On one of the tattoo’s on that link, can i really see a plaster over a tattoo………. ^_^

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 127422 wrote:

It’s a purple ribbon with a brain in the middle? What is it? An homage to Rett’s syndrome?

I’m not being funny. I just can’t tell what it is.

I was curious, too. I think that it is for Brain Cancer awareness. Maybe?? Not sure about the zipper part.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 127424 wrote:

Sam…really? No loss of color? Looks pretty pale to me.

You’re right Jerry. In fact that will be getting a touch up.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I forget to say that the peeling is a normal part of the healing process.

Please don’t think everyone is being assholes this is a tattoo forum where tattoo are viewed as an art form and when we see sub par tattoos we try to help educate about getting good tattoos. Please don’t run away mad stick around and learn about tattoos. Oh BTW I am an asshole but most here are not.

37030_10200350361216102_1500432271_n.jpg

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Hi Wheat, Yes I did. A shop that had won countless awards. I forgot to mention, toward the end of the tattooing, he was blowing on his tattoo gun. At that point, I was committed. I do have a lot of allergies to things and I did take a risk getting it, but I thought I’d be OK. Lesson learned.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Sorry to hear about your reactions, Sam-I-Am…You gave me a great idea with the tea tree oil. Will get some of that! I’m all about natural healing modalities.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Hi Lola,

That could be a big part of the issue as well. The Jojoba oil unclogs pores, so that’s why it’s helping. Sounds like me. I’ll sleep with an ice pack. I got some Benadryl and Benadryl cream which should help. Yeah. Thank you!

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Hey Grey Cat,

Yeah it is. I got it for my brain injury, Chiari Malformation. The condition is drastically uneducated by doctors and I wanted awareness 24/7/365…just didn’t think it would be self-awareness at the moment, LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.