nellie
    Participant
    @nellie

Hi, I’m new to this forum and also new to tattooing, I am looking to get my fiirst tattoo and was wonndering if anyone had any ideas. I love dogs particularly greyhounds and want a greyhound tattoo to be my first. I have been looking on Google but can’t find one that i really like so would anyone have any you could post for me to see. Thank you.:)

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Nellie, Welcome to our forum. I’ve only been here a week or so myself, but I’ve tried several tattooing forums and I like these people here. I hope you do too.

I’ve got a suggestion for you. I want you to consider this. In the tattooing industry there are some very talented artists. With greater talent, of course, comes greater cost per tattoo. What you want done can be as simple as a tribal greyhound, or as intricate as a photo-realistic greyhound. What I suggest is this. Ask for info on reputable, top of the line tattooists in your area, then go to them, see a portfolio, and when you find the quality of work you are looking for in a tattoo, describe to him what you want done, and let him design it for you. Pay him a down payment if needed to get him working on it. You’ll get what you want that way. Don’t be afraid to tell him if his design is wrong for what you want. You can pull a picture out of a magazine and take that to him to get a photo-realistic dog. You don’t need someone else’s pattern.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Do you have photo’s of pet greyhounds? Or have you looked at some of the breeder sites on the internet that show their prize dogs?

You may get some quality pictures there from that source.

S. Neil is absolutely right if you go for photo-realism you need an artist who is experienced with portrait work especially with that of animals.

If you need any more help just ask – happy to assist.

Take Care
    Matthew

nellie
    Participant
    @nellie

Thanks for the welcome messages and suggestions on greyhound tattoos, your suggestions are very much appreciated.:)

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

Hi Nellie, welcome to the frum, I’ve not been here very long myself and also quite new to the world of tattoos……..I’m also a great dog lover, particularly Dobes, and HPR breeds. I have a Weimaraner, an Hungarian Vizsla, a Dobe and a little crossbreed. Love to see some pics of your dogs if you have any.

mark1
    Participant
    @mark1

Good post nice information thanks for this post

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Do you have any idea of where you want to have that tattoo? That way you could at least narrw down the dimensions/ratio of the design you’re looking for.

I found a couple *I* quite like on dA, just because I think something simple and streamlined would be nice with this particular “subject”: One | Two | Three

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.