MidnyteOrkyd
    Participant
    @midnyteorkyd

Hey everyone, my name’s Krystie, I’m 23 years old from southern Indiana. My husband and his friend are starting up a custom art business and I’m getting pulled along for the ride. I’m going to be doing tatts and airbrushing but I feel like I’m getting pushed faster than I am ready, since I haven’t had any type of training or help other than the other tattoo artist sitting in for part of the first setting. I think I’m doing pretty good and I’ve got 5 tattoos under my belt, 2 unfinished, 3 waiting to see on touch ups. I’m joining this forum in an effort to get some guidance on this situation since I can’t find it around here. I’ve looked all over the place and can’t find any books or videos that are worth a shit on tattooing. Hopefully I can find some like minded individuals and friends here.

I have 4 tattoos myself, 1 on my back, 1 on my neck and two nautical stars on my hips that are works in progress. Eventually I want to learn about piercing too, I have my tongue, lip, and ears done. Earrings are 8 gauge. Anyhow, I’ve posted pictures of the tattoos I’ve done in an album so anyone that is willing please give me feedback.

Thanks so much!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I’m sorry to say your tattoos are not good, you need to step back, there’s no way on earth you should be tattooing yet…….PM sent No unlicensed tattoo discussions

MidnyteOrkyd
    Participant
    @midnyteorkyd

Thanks for your time and honesty. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

PM sent again……..no problemo, for others reading this thread, this person is not an ego maniac and just needs some help…i’ve pointed her in the right direction so no need for comments on work please.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , do you actually want to be a tattooist because you sound like you dont and your being “pushed” ( your own words )

MidnyteOrkyd
    Participant
    @midnyteorkyd

Lol, nice observation. No, I would love to be a tattoo artist, I’m just being pushed WAY too fast, there’s not much in the way of instruction where I’m from and since the artists don’t have to be certified, anyone can tattoo around here. My problem is that I don’t want to just do ok work, I’m kind of a perfectionist when I do things and this is no different for me. So yea, I’m being pushed, not in the wrong direction, just faster than I feel is necessary or appropriate.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

nothing wrong with being a perfectionist especially in the tattoo industry !
    sorry no advice !!
    i just collect tattoos :rolleyes:

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

If you follow Izarrasink’s suggestion and go where she sent you I’d be happy to look at what you are doing and maybe help you a little, but not here.

MidnyteOrkyd
    Participant
    @midnyteorkyd

I’m there now, thanks for the advice and thanks in advance for any help. I feel like I kid caught doing something bad, hehe…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.