Old Mother
Participant
@old-mother

I don’t have any ink yet. I found this place because I needed help coming up with a design for my first one.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

what and where >?????

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi welcome.
Get a butterfly that is eating an ice cream cone.

Old Mother
Participant
@old-mother
buttwheat;84066 wrote:
Hi welcome.
Get a butterfly that is eating an ice cream cone.

I already have that one as a tramp stamp in the middle of my hairy lower back.

Old Mother
Participant
@old-mother
reefdiver;84059 wrote:
what and where >?????

Well I’ve been thinking about it for a while now and I’m not coming up with anything.

I was shot in a robbery some time ago. I wanted something around the gunshot wound, both entrance and exit wounds are on the left calf.

Charles Bukowski has a book titled “What Matters Most Is How Well You Walk Through The Fire.” I thought this was perfect because it sums up a lot of what I experienced since the shooting. The whole incident completely fucked up my life. I was pretty much a loser all throughout life until I went to college and I changed just about everything. I lost a ton of weight, was making good money, improved my grades a ton etc, etc. Things were just getting better and better, then this happened. Afterward, I sank into a deep depression, stopped working out, got fat again, quit my jobs, turned into a basket case, drugs blah, blah blah.

Fast forward to now. I’ve gotten a lot better, and I want something symbolizing getting past this dark period in my life. Other than the quote, nothing is really making that impact that just grabs you and says “this is it.” I was hoping of coming up with some sort of picture or symbol to go along with the quote, but so far I’ve got nothing.

In case your thinking about it I already know that I don’t want koi fish, phoenix, or tribal stuff. Also, I’ve done some searching on the forum and someone had the idea that they should look towards the future and not dwell on the past. That’s not really what I’m looking for either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.