SilverDolphin88
Participant
@silverdolphin88

Hi everyone! I don’t have any tattoos yet but in a few months that will change. I already made an appointment with an amazing artist and know exactly what I want to get. A gladiolus & a chrysanthemum on my upper left rib cage. Everyone says it hurts the most but I’ve wanted it forever & feel go big or go home. If tattoos are as addicting as I’ve heard I will be in trouble because I already have another six planned that I want to get.

Any tips to deal with the pain & nerves? Thanks 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Welcome. Where shop are you getting your tattoo at? Have you talked to an artist or made an appointment yet?

SilverDolphin88
Participant
@silverdolphin88

I’m getting tattooed at Horifudo Studios. Yup, I went in for a consultation, talked to him about it, and made an appointment. I’m nervous but I love most of the guy’s work (what appealed to my personal style) and have seen his work in person as well (on a friend of mine). Since I waited so long for my first tattoo I didn’t just want to walk in anywhere and trust someone to do it right, kwim?

Adler
Participant
@adler

Would you mind posting a link to the artist’s portfolio? Thanks

Adler
Participant
@adler

I just looked up his shop, most of his tattoos look pretty good so you should be fine. When is your appointment? Try to get rest, eat a good meal, bring some water or juice and have your aftercare products ready for when your done. Not much you can do about pain and nerves but try to mentally block it out. Expect it’s going to hurt but don’t go into it too scared or it will make it worse.

SilverDolphin88
Participant
@silverdolphin88

My appointment is in October. Thanks for the tips!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Bring some sucker candy. Some people’s blood sugar drops like a rock (I am one of them) while getting inked and a steady stream of Jollyranchers or something like that helps avoid problems. Since it’s your first tat, better to bring something along just in case you’re on of those people. And it is addictive indeed. I have 2 currently and 3 more planned.

Adler
Participant
@adler
D3FiANC3;93953 wrote:
Bring some sucker candy. Some people’s blood sugar drops like a rock (I am one of them) while getting inked and a steady stream of Jollyranchers or something like that helps avoid problems. Since it’s your first tat, better to bring something along just in case you’re on of those people. And it is addictive indeed. I have 2 currently and 3 more planned.

Good idea, that’s why I suggested juice. My girlfriend almost passed out during her first because she hadn’t eaten. The artist actually stopped and gave her a popsicle which they kept on hand and she was much better afterward.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome, eat well get plenty of rest. bring food if it’s going to be a long tattoo. I bring Beef jerky. Bring your iPod. Some times the artist will be very talkative which really helps pass the time and totally takes your mind off any pain. good luck and we expect pics.

SilverDolphin88
Participant
@silverdolphin88
buttwheat;93963 wrote:
Welcome, eat well get plenty of rest. bring food if it’s going to be a long tattoo. I bring Beef jerky. Bring your iPod. Some times the artist will be very talkative which really helps pass the time and totally takes your mind off any pain. good luck and we expect pics.

The artist estimated two hours… don’t know if that’s considered long or not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.