Jicordma
    Participant
    @jicordma

Hello, everyone, an thank you for taking the time to read this!

I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo for a long time, and since I’m halfway to 22, I decided it’s time to put serious thought into the matter.

My best idea yet is this: an alder tree growing out of deer antlers (which I’m thinking of getting either on my lower-right back or below my neck). I plan on doing this based on Celtic symbolism. A deer’s antlers are associated with trees and represent renewal, and the alder represents the elemental trinity (fire, earth, and water) and is also a sign of a person who prefers to reap the bounty immediately, which sums my inner self pretty well.

I know that Celtic symbolism is a thing done over and over again with tattoos, but it’s something that I enjoy and with which I can identify. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations for placement, style, etc? Is it a good tattoo idea?

Thanks again!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

You’re halfway to 22 so you are 11?

Are you 21 1/2? Okay, Why don’t you look at yourself: Where are you now? Where do you want to be in the future? Get a tattoo that suits you. A good tattoo artist will help design a tattoo that IS YOU. Is all the crap you stated is a representation of your life? If yes, get it. Don’t get something that you will want to laser off a few years down the road.

Talk to a GOOD tattoo artist. Not a crap tattooer.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Don’t get it somewhere that you can’t cover it with a Tshirt. DO NOT get it on your neck. You can get some ink there later if you really want it and it won’t affect your life, job choices, etc. I would say upper arm, chest, ribs, maybe on a leg.

How big are you wanting it? I don’t think something like that would look good as a really small tattoo.

The absolute best thing you can do is find the best artist in your area. It’s going to be there forever don’t settle for a shit artist. I did that to begin with because I didn’t know any better and now I have ink that I am going to eventually have to have lasered off and covered. That’s going to end up costing A LOT more than what it should have if I had just went to a great artist to begin with. I have a couple of articles in the blog in my sig line that I wrote on the subject if you want to check it out.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Jicordma 132846 wrote:

Hello, everyone, an thank you for taking the time to read this!

I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo for a long time, and since I’m halfway to 22, I decided it’s time to put serious thought into the matter.

My best idea yet is this: an alder tree growing out of deer antlers (which I’m thinking of getting either on my lower-right back or below my neck). I plan on doing this based on Celtic symbolism. A deer’s antlers are associated with trees and represent renewal, and the alder represents the elemental trinity (fire, earth, and water) and is also a sign of a person who prefers to reap the bounty immediately, which sums my inner self pretty well.

I know that Celtic symbolism is a thing done over and over again with tattoos, but it’s something that I enjoy and with which I can identify. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations for placement, style, etc? Is it a good tattoo idea?

Thanks again!

So how old are you? Half way to 22 is 11, if you are 11 please wait until you are an adult to get a tattoo. If you are 21 1/2 you must understand that after about 12 years of age you stop using 1/2.
    I’m sorry but your idea sounds bad to me an alder tree made out of antlers? That would have to be as big as your whole back to get enough definition in it to tell what it is. Sorry if I sound like an asshole but if you listen it will save you the pain of a shit tattoo that you will have the rest of your life.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I agree with Butt on this one. for it to make any impact it would have to be pretty large.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.