linhkhanhpham
    @

Hello everyone, I thank you for taking the time to look at my question. I got a snake tattoo done on my back 13 days ago, and I followed the tattoo artist’s instruction for 10 days.

I am no longer in the country where I took the tattoo, so seeking his advice is not an option. The tattoo is also done peeling, which it did beautifully. There was absolutely NO scabbing and I thank the artist for this.

After the 10 days I stopped putting the unscented Lubriderm, because the tattoo looked like it was done healing… and then white cracks started appearing on the tattoo! Did I mess it up? At day 13, there are a few small white cracks in the tattoo. But when I add a little lubriderm, the cracks are no longer there? Sounds strange doesn’t it? at day 13, would the tattoo be done healing?

Is it possible that these white cracks appear because I have dry skin and because of the cold dry weather?

edit
    nearly ALL these people said that A&D gave them bad reactions and loved it when the switched back to lubriderm unscented… im not sure who to listen to… especially if a large number of people (people with lots of tattoos!) have been using lubriderm unscented, like why use cetyl alcohol if it makes the skin DRY, isn’t it a moisturizer?

n0sleep
    @

i have a tatoo and i didn’t treat it in anyway way ..it pealed out beautifully and now it looks great..idk why is urs like that

stardust
    @

Keep using the Lubriderm…I actually use A&D Ointment when I get a tattoo…it’s in the baby aisle (it’s a diaper rash ointment)…

Anyway, everyone’s bodies are different and we all heal differently. Obviously, yours is not done healing. I have 4 tattoos and they all scabbed over and I used the ointment for 4 weeks so they look awesome now! It won’t hurt you to keep using it long after it heals.

stardust

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.