Ravior
    @

Does anyone have any tips on stopping a tatto drying out at night? I am have my entire back tatooed, but facing the problem of it drying out at night, either due to sticking to the bed sheets or to a t-shirt… Ive tried, sleeping on my stomach, but alway end up on my back… :confused:

inksunshine
    Participant
    @inksunshine
    Ravior;34994 wrote:
    Does anyone have any tips on stopping a tatto drying out at night? I am have my entire back tatooed, but facing the problem of it drying out at night, either due to sticking to the bed sheets or to a t-shirt… Ive tried, sleeping on my stomach, but alway end up on my back… :confused:

mmm man mine used to get dry at night too and stick to my sheets also. I had both my sleeves done and it was hard but what i ended up doing was my husband (which does not have any tats) would get me up in the middle of the night and we’d rub it all down again until i could make it through the night with it. I almost have all my body covered and my husband pays for it all so he wasn’t about to let it go bad. My last one cost $3200! I’ve told people this before sometimes when you pay for something like this you need to make changes in your life to heal it so they turn out right, and it doesn’t take long to heal then yoiu go right back where you were.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I had a similar problem when I got my back done. My solution was to just absolutely slather my back with lotion, like 3x the amount I needed and sleep shirtless on my belly. It isn’t perfect (I kept rolling onto my back in my sleep too), but, honestly, you’re not going to find another method that won’t require you to get up like three times a night.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

neoo28
    @

I also use a lotion , but it helps only for a couple hours.:(

I would like to have a better solution.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

the best way is to re -cream it in middle of the night, its only for the first full week that you should be having any problems, after that then moisturising it before going to bed and again when you get up in the morning will be suffice 😉

ps…. you should “never” overdo the amount of cream as it will make the scab soggy and come off on the sheets or pijamas/t-shirt

nicky_too
    Participant
    @nicky_too

Can’t you put lotion on it and cover it with plastic?

My previous tattoo artist always covered my new tats with plastic (with tiny holes in it so the skin can breathe) and I’ve copied that. Usually that resulted in the tat healing within 4 or 5 days.
    It can be a hassle to have the plastic on you (I’m talking cling foil here), but it’s worth it, I think.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.