harlem shake
    @

i keep hearing different things about both products which one is better to use if i’m going out in the sun with a tank top.:confused: please explain which one is good and also can you recommend a product you have used in the sun.;)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I thought sun block and sunscreen were the same thing.

I use SPF 50 spray on, drug store brand. (being sure to cover evenly, as a windy day may fuck up the application)

After some quick research:
    Sunblock does not block UVA rays only UVB.
    Sunscreen is an application that gets absorbed into your skin. This is what makes it water resistant.
    Sunblock is like a paste (zinc oxcide) that covers your skin.

Personally, I’ll stick with sunscreen.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yup, I use Sunscreen myself. I use usually an SPF 30

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I use a 30 sunscreen everywhere else, but a 45-60 on any tattoos. I really like the continuous spray as well, but I apply it indoors so no wind. I am so pale that if I applied it outside I would start to burn before it could even start to take effect. Melanin deficient I guess. I’ve never had a tan in my life, if I try really hard I can get to a colour that I like to call ‘dark white’. Or I can do a very nice shade of lobster.

I use a lotion on the tattoos, because I want to be completely sure that I got 100% coverage on them. I even keep some lotion in the car in case I want to open the sunroof. But then I only do the artwork, unless it’s going to be a bit of a drive I risk the burn. CRAZY I know, but that’s just how I roll.

I have never tried a sunblock, but if anyone ever finds a sunscreen dip or sunscreen shower please let me know!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Minimally, you need to be using SPF 30 on your skin if you’re going to be out in the direct sun more than hour. However, I’ve been told by three different tattoo artists now, to keep the tattoo from extensive fading, at least 50 is necessary.

30 will protect you from increased skin cancer risk.

50 prevents increased fading.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Personally unless i know im going to be out all day i don’t put anything on them because i can’t be arsed. But if im out on day i put some factor 30 on or something but generally i don’t use it unless im sat in the sun.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Oh, I missed the point of the thread. Good for me.

The answer is sunscreen.

harlem shake
    @

butt wheat don’t you know that the sun is bad for the skin. so what do you use then if not sun lotion to protect your tattoo from fading

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@harlem shake 126284 wrote:

butt wheat don’t you know that the sun is bad for the skin. so what do you use then if not sun lotion to protect your tattoo from fading

of course he does. basically anything higher than spf 30-45 everything else is just marketing hype. the key is to apply liberally and often. and stay away from oxybenzone. i dont use sunscreen daily, i wear spf clothing. much easier and a lot safer for your body.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@yodaddynukka 126285 wrote:

of course he does. basically anything higher than spf 30-45 everything else is just marketing hype. the key is to apply liberally and often. and stay away from oxybenzone. i dont use sunscreen daily, i wear spf clothing. much easier and a lot safer for your body.

hope you don’t wear white spf clothing, because we will have to start calling you Richard Branson 😀

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Nope! Only thin upf 50 jackets!

harlem shake
    @

okey so seeing everbody here is leading more towards sunscreen then sunblock got it

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.