yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Plz keep in mind tshirts have very little sun protection. Best best is to get an ink armor sleeve or a light upf jacket.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Thanks yodaddynukka. Never seen tattoo armor before.

I’m only need protection from “way up north” sun, not southern US sun, and I’m not planning to lay out in it for hours or anything. I just need to be able to get around during the day, and get the pots on my patio planted and watered, so I’ll probably be OK.

But I ordered a couple anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

They REALLY REALLY burn you on the shipping to Canada!! I mean seriously, the cheapest choice was 150% of the price of one 9″ sleeve. (And it went up as high as $75. For an $8 item!!!!)

But I ordered a couple anyways. The burn to the pocketbook is better than fading artwork. And I’m expecting more lower arm stuff in the future so I know I’ll use them again.

So, thank you, from the bottom of my ‘art. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Call_me_Lola 127216 wrote:

The sunny weather has started, but my new forearm tattoo is only a week old so I don’t want to expose it to sunshine and it’s too fresh to apply sunscreen on. Spent three beautiful sunny days hiding indoors but I just couldn’t take it anymore. My solution? I went out and bought an inexpensive long sleeve t-shirt that had tight arms. Cut the arms off the shirt – a little longer than the tattoo – and made a couple of what I am calling “sun condoms” for my arm.

Now when I want to go outside I only have to slide one on and BOOYAH, tattoo is protected. I might be a genius. LOL.

I looked at the “arm warmers” at the sporting goods store and they were $35. Each. T-shirt cost $6, made a pair. I was actually looking to make them from a pair of tube socks, but they don’t seem to exist any more.

And yes, still applying a 30 or higher sunscreen on all the remaining exposed skin, and especially the artwork. ๐Ÿ˜€

Bring it on, summer!!

Nice idea, would’ve never thought of that! Personally for me I apply sunscreen the first chance I get. Usually it’s right after the peeling and scabbing stages are done with but I apply it liberally and still try and cover it somehow if I’m even outside for a little bit. I always apply lotion first. I’ve never encountered any problems with applying it that early but it’s usually over a week before I even think about it.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

My Ink Armor sleeves arrived today so I can finally drive with the sunroof open again. Today I opened it even though it is not that nice out. ๐Ÿ™‚

I got a solid blue one and another that has a snakeskin pattern. They are very well made. I can see that I will be getting a lot of use out of them this summer. I should probably order another one just so that I can keep a spare in the car, next to the sunscreen that is kept in there.

Thanks yodaddy, I would never have known about these without your advice!!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.