Deshtruction540
    Participant
    @deshtruction540

Hey everyone,

Well, I talked to someone at a local shop where I live about an idea of getting solid color stars that go from a couple of inches above my elbow down to a couple of inches below my elbow and just covering the entire area. He told me that it wouldn’t look good and would seal off my arm. I just kind of went with it as I haven’t had a lot of experience with tattoos. I have a nautical star on the back of each arm above the elbow and that’s it. We came up with a huge idea for a 3/4 sleeve but I than realize there’s no way I can afford something like that right now. So I went back with the idea of just getting 2 or 3 bands of stars around the forearm. He again instantly said it would seal off my arm and than when I said I was fine with that if it was that low (3/4 sleeve length) he said that it would just look bad.

I guess my question is, is he right? I mean I don’t deny that he’s right about sealing off my arm with either idea, which again I’m fine with, but is he right in saying that it would look bad? All personal opinions about stars in general aside, do people here think that either idea would look bad in the end or is he just trying to get me to do a 3/4 sleeve and get more money out of me.

stowsea
    Participant
    @stowsea

yeah, he seems to be bullshitting you. Many things can be done after the stars to make a decent sleeve. Not everyone wants to do a whole sleeve of the same thing. The sleeves im working on really arent themed or make sense. Thats what filler work is for. If the stars on the elbow are what you want get them. Dont let the artist bully you into more money or whatever he wants to do. It’s your skin

Deshtruction540
    Participant
    @deshtruction540

Hey I appreciate the response. That’s basically my exact thinking on sleeves. I don’t need my arms to be 100% perfectly put together. If I end up having 5 different things on my arm and pull them together with some filler later on, I’ll be happy. Themed sleeves can be cool, but I definitely don’t need that to feel like my arms are complete.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.