Showmeyourtats
    Participant
    @showmeyourtats

Me girlfriend has a scar of another guys name from when she was real young on her hip bone/pelvic area. She would like to get it tattoo overed to cover it. Is it possible to completly cover it to where you cant see the scar? Please dont post anything negative I would just like to know the answer. Thank you to anybody who helps.

misskandi
    Participant
    @misskandi

Hey there! Years ago, I approached my tattoo artist about a full sleeve on my right arm. I brought up the fact that there were multiple self-injury scars there, and he didn’t seem too worried. I’ve been advised that it may be slightly more painful than tattooing over virgin flesh, and that raised scars aren’t going to magically un-raise themselves (so it won’t be *totally* smooth), but the process is entirely possible. According to him, tattooing over mild scarring isn’t even a huge deal.

You should take your girl into a local tattoo shop and inquire about the tatt you’re after. Find somebody with experience in the scar department and ask their advice on what might cover it best. Good luck! (I hope this helps.) ๐Ÿ™‚

Showmeyourtats
    Participant
    @showmeyourtats

@misskandi 29340 wrote:

Hey there! Years ago, I approached my tattoo artist about a full sleeve on my right arm. I brought up the fact that there were multiple self-injury scars there, and he didn’t seem too worried. I’ve been advised that it may be slightly more painful than tattooing over virgin flesh, and that raised scars aren’t going to magically un-raise themselves (so it won’t be *totally* smooth), but the process is entirely possible. According to him, tattooing over mild scarring isn’t even a huge deal.

You should take your girl into a local tattoo shop and inquire about the tatt you’re after. Find somebody with experience in the scar department and ask their advice on what might cover it best. Good luck! (I hope this helps.) ๐Ÿ™‚

thank you very much, this is great news. Me and my girlfriend are both very excited.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.