@sesso

Is there some skin types that dont take outlines well? i have my friend and here skin does not want to take an outline and all the other people i have done the ink goes in nice and dark.

tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

i would say not the outline itself but the body is most likley rejecting the ink… some peoples bodies refuse curtain types of inks.. for example.. in order for my stars to turn blue the artist had to over work the area when colouring so it would hold… painful i know but alls good now… so ive learnt my body doesnt like country blue…. no biggie…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

The issue is really down to two issues;

The pigment and health of the skin –

The darker the skin the darker the ink will need to be for example; a person of african/west indian origin will likely need a black or dark blue ink to show up against the darker pigment.

Health of the skin – If the skin is cracked, sore, dry or has a large build up of scar tissue (esp skin graphed skin) the ink will not take to it well at all.

Then you also have some people who will reject the ink. This is usually quite rare but not unheard of.

Inks

There are a mass of inks out there and frankly some are really cheap and nasty and do not adhere to the epidermis even if you poured a gallon in there.

Sometimes it is very difficult to quality control inks until you use them. My advice is visit Outlaw’s forum and ask what other inks artists use.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i find everyones skin takes ink differently, some people its a dream, goes in piece of cake and some people i have to work a little harder.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I’m tattooing a guys bum soon, that will be interesting lol, i told him if his arse was hairy could he please shave it before he comes, i dont want to mwahaha

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Careful Izarrasink

He might be asking for extras – the S S T (shave, slap, tickle) of his backside. 😀
    Of course if he is extra naughty just dig that needle in a bit deeper!
    What is he having done? I keep threatening to get ‘Your Name’ tattooed on mine for laughs.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

He’s getting his girlfriends name of course, i hate these tattoos, he rang me and i said ” what do you want to do a stupid thing like that for?” Then i said ahhh well there’s always lazer surgery lol. He’s like in his late 40’s

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i had a client on tuesday that wanted ametop numbing cream, the only problem was that it makes the skin go weird and is a bitch to get ink into. I dont know if your friend had any anesthetic cream used on them ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.