Motherhubberd
    Participant
    @motherhubberd

I can not get a hold of the artist that did my work. So I am asking my question here.

I just got a new tat 4 days ago well today, stupid me, scraped my arm against something and took off the whole top layer of skin over the tattoo.

What is the worse that could possibly happen because of this and what should I do now that the damage is done??

Also just curious there is a small gap in the design that was not to have ink, bu it seems under my skin the ink is bleeding into the area, is there anything I can do to fix this? or prevent it from filling all the way in.

This tattoo is to represent my husband (who is ill) and my love for each other, I am so scared that it is all screwed up now.

:confused::mad::(

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Hello there. Yes that could be nasty. May i suggest keep as clean as you can, and let it dry out. Having the top ript off as you mentioned will take alot of the goodness out. Possibly lines too? It will heal all dull and faded which is unfortunate. If you are familiar with BEPANTHEN creme…Buy some to help your skin heal.
    The design will probably need to be re-done after its healed. Look after it best you can to prolong scar tissue. Good luck.

Motherhubberd
    Participant
    @motherhubberd

Will it be fixable after it heals?
    and should I use some A&D

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Should be fixable yes. Give it time to heal properly and get your artist to check it out. See what he can do for you? Im not sure what a A & D is sorry?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Sorry to hear that about your tattoo. Torn tats are usually fixable (quite easily as normally requires a quick rework of the area).

As pointed out the most vitale stage is the enxt 2 weeks – you have to keep that area sterile to stop infection.

Use A&D for the first few days until a fresh scab forms over the tattoo. The amount needed is just enough to cover the area surface and do this 2-3 times a day.

Then use a non-scenetd moisturiser to help with the itch as it peels.

The tattoo will take at least 2 weeks to heal and I woudl advise an extra week before you get it reworked.

It will likely need a fresh outline and colour shade – it is not the end of everything and an experienced artist can help.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

My question is……why cant you find your artist?? did he do a runner lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.