masamune69
Participant
@masamune69

hi,

does 50fps sun cream effect a tattoo in a bad way, because its strong!?

Adler
Participant
@adler

fps? Anyway, it’s fine to use a high SPF just make sure the tattoo is fully healed before using any sunscreen.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;83584 wrote:
just make sure the tattoo is fully healed before using any sunscreen.

I have always heard this and followed this but does anyone know why?

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;83597 wrote:
I have always heard this and followed this but does anyone know why?

Actually I don’t know for sure either, same with me it’s something I’ve always heard and followed. I’m assuming certain ingredients aren’t good for an unhealed tattoo in some way.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sunscreen contains crap like zinc oxide and titanium oxide, which is probably something you don’t want around your fresh ink.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Sunblock contains zinc, sunscreen shouldn’t, I think… But I could be wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚ But yeah, it’s hard to tell just what’s in every single brand etc, so in general you should cover it up until it’s healed. Some have perfume and shit too.
I use 50spf on all my tattoos during summer, and well… They still look fresh. (my sleeve is done in about 1-2 years, parts of my tattoo went through two full summers, other parts haven’t seen sunlight yet. They look the exact same!)
So no worries ๐Ÿ™‚ But you should check out what the spf REALLY is, though.
They tested a bunch here last year, and a ton of sunscreens came out lower than they’re supposed to be. One 50spf turned out to be 100spf, so I just went out and bought that.. ๐Ÿ˜›

ArniVidar
@arnividar
poxphobia;84015 wrote:
Sunblock contains zinc, sunscreen shouldn’t, I think

There’s a difference between the two?

poxphobia;84015 wrote:
One 50spf turned out to be 100spf, so I just went out and bought that.. ๐Ÿ˜›

Ohh, Me wants! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.