Rhaianon19
Participant
@rhaianon19

I have a problem with my blood called Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia. This condition causes me to have lower blood platelets than your average person who typically has a count between 140,000 and 400,000. My count ping pongs between 40,000 and 100,000 typically. platelets are cells within the blood that aid in clotting. Now I took a chance and got one piercing since I discovered I had this condition, and I barely bled and so far it’s healing up great, but a tattoo is another story. I got for my doctor’s appointment on Tuesday to go over my numbers for the past three months, but my doctor said it’s dangerous for me to be tattooed because I may bleed more than normal. I’ve already got two tattoos which I had done before I discovered I had this but I wanted to know has anyone gotten tattooed with this condition like me, or do you know someone who has? At what count would I be okay to get tattooed? There’s not much information available on the internet and I would really appreciate any personal experiences, I just can’t stand the thought of not being able to get tattooed ever again.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You should point your question towards a member in here called Sherav. He is VERY knowledgeable about these exact sorts of things, and if anyone can give you a decent answer, then he can.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If im being honest i would not be asking on a forum i would go to see my doctor to see if a tattoo would be dangerous with your condition.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you read their post, it states that the doctor says no… they’re looking for a second opinion. And doctors’ knowledge on tattoos are often VERY narrow-minded and negative. They are often very quick to say ‘don’t do it!’ without any real cause. At the very least, I’d look for a second opinion from another doctor.. preferably one with ink 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

haha a doctor who looks like “travis barker” would look so awesome!!! haha

Rhaianon19
Participant
@rhaianon19

Reluctantly, my doctor agreed that I should be okay with where my numbers are at. of course he said I shouldn’t, but since he knows I’m stubborn, he agreed that I would be okay if i did quick sessions instead of long ones. Thanks for the replies though. After six months of testing I’m going to get tattooed!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.