TonberryChef
    Participant
    @tonberrychef

Hey everyone,
    I am looking into getting my first tattoo and I need some advice – I have had several friends recommending a studio for price/quality,
    And I pretty much have have the ideas done about placement / design, the only problem I have is that if it goes well, I would in all likelihood have it extended.

Should I just get the initial one, then worry about any further work I might have done to it later? Or should I pretty much plan
    everything from the get go, so it just works into one piece?

Thank you in advance 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@TonberryChef 123079 wrote:

Hey everyone,
    I am looking into getting my first tattoo and I need some advice – I have had several friends recommending a studio for price/quality,
    And I pretty much have have the ideas done about placement / design, the only problem I have is that if it goes well, I would in all likelihood have it extended.

Should I just get the initial one, then worry about any further work I might have done to it later? Or should I pretty much plan
    everything from the get go, so it just works into one piece?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Personally I would plan it all in advance with your artist 🙂

Who is doing your tattoo?

TonberryChef
    Participant
    @tonberrychef

That does seem like a sensible thing to do, yeah. I was going to go to Zink in Canterbury, UK.
    What are your thoughts on coloured vs. monochrome work? 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@TonberryChef 123083 wrote:

That does seem like a sensible thing to do, yeah. I was going to go to Zink in Canterbury, UK.
    What are your thoughts on coloured vs. monochrome work? 🙂

Well I will be bias as I prefer B/G 🙂

For me colour looks lovely when first done but after its fully healed and a few years the umph of colour goes and its more like a matt colour. This is just what my eyes see lol

As for the artist, I cant seem to find any work portfolio for him?

Uchiharr
    Participant
    @uchiharr

I would plan it all because its much more difficult thinking of ways to work around something you have already got than getting something that will slot in with what you are getting next without thought, however if you dont want it extending after its done you have a tattoo that might seem unfinished as you planned it extended!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Just think about the current tattoo. If you like color tattoos get a color tattoo if you prefer to get a black and grey get a black and grey.
    It is very important that you get the right artist. The best thing to do is post a link to the artist here so we can look, even if your friends recommended them most likely your friends don’t know what to look for in an artist.

TonberryChef
    Participant
    @tonberrychef

@buttwheat 123169 wrote:

Just think about the current tattoo. If you like color tattoos get a color tattoo if you prefer to get a black and grey get a black and grey.
    It is very important that you get the right artist. The best thing to do is post a link to the artist here so we can look, even if your friends recommended them most likely your friends don’t know what to look for in an artist.

I am going there to talk to the artists tomorrow, so I will see if I can get a link to their previous work 🙂

TonberryChef
    Participant
    @tonberrychef

http://www.facebook.com/zinkstudios/photos

Turns out her artwork is on their facebook account

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.
    Personally I like colors, but some tattoo styles come across much better in black and grey. What is the subject of your planned tattoo(s)? Vlad has some nice work pictured.

Keep us informed and please send photos!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@TonberryChef 123374 wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/zinkstudios/photos

Turns out her artwork is on their facebook account

Meh I would still be looking for someone else to be tattooing me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.