joeywithay
    Participant
    @joeywithay

hey guys, my name is joey, im new to the forums. i just recently got another tattoo, and i was wondering if the pros can give me an opinion as to what i should do if anything about my issue. basically as you can see in my picture below from left to right:

i got a brown tattoo with no black outline, i got it on friday feb 15th. the first picture is the first day and the color looked like a perfect brown, but as you can see the second picture is of my tattoo today feb the 21st, it started looking a bit discolored yesterday, it almost has a purple hue. the 3rd image is of the shirt i wore to show the artist the color i wanted, he matched it pretty perfectly that day.

so my question is did the artist not do a good job with the color? or did he do a good job and its just something that happens? but i have a green shamrock tattoo and the color came out perfect 6 years ago and still looks good

and my other question is, should i get him to touch it up to make it darker? or did he do a bad job and i shouldnt go back to him to get it touched up by some one else? maybe find someone who specializes in color tattoos?

im supposed to go back to the same guy to get the same tattoo on the right arm in about 3 weeks (should he just touch it up then? will that make it darker?)

tattoo-1.jpg
    what do you guys think?

joey

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@joeywithay 123938 wrote:

hey guys, my name is joey, im new to the forums. i just recently got another tattoo, and i was wondering if the pros can give me an opinion as to what i should do if anything about my issue. basically as you can see in my picture below from left to right:

i got a brown tattoo with no black outline, i got it on friday feb 15th. the first picture is the first day and the color looked like a perfect brown, but as you can see the second picture is of my tattoo today feb the 21st, it started looking a bit discolored yesterday, it almost has a purple hue. the 3rd image is of the shirt i wore to show the artist the color i wanted, he matched it pretty perfectly that day.

so my question is did the artist not do a good job with the color? or did he do a good job and its just something that happens? but i have a green shamrock tattoo and the color came out perfect 6 years ago and still looks good

and my other question is, should i get him to touch it up to make it darker? or did he do a bad job and i shouldnt go back to him to get it touched up by some one else? maybe find someone who specializes in color tattoos?

im supposed to go back to the same guy to get the same tattoo on the right arm in about 3 weeks (should he just touch it up then? will that make it darker?)

tattoo-1.jpg
    what do you guys think?

joey

I am no expert mate but generally a tattoo will look darker when first done and then lighten up as the skin peels. I am guessing you could have it gone over again at some point and made even darker.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

your tattoo will always look darker when its first applied. also your tattoo is still peeling and going thru the “silver skin” phase making it look lighter. basically you need to wait until your tattoo is fully healed to know for sure its how you wanted in terms of color boldness.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

wait till it’s healed.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@yodaddynukka 123940 wrote:

your tattoo will always look darker when its first applied. also your tattoo is still peeling and going thru the “silver skin” phase making it look lighter. basically you need to wait until your tattoo is fully healed to know for sure its how you wanted in terms of color boldness.

Relax, give it a few months to heal.
    Keep us posted.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

$50 well spent my friend

joeywithay
    Participant
    @joeywithay

@buttwheat 123946 wrote:

$50 well spent my friend

it was actually 150. i went to like 4 different places and no one would do it for under 150

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.