notjessie
    @

I got a white ink tattoo about six months ago and it has turned brown. When first applied some tracing ink made it into the tattoo and that is what has turned into the brown colour. I do not want to cover it up and would rather keep it white is there any thing I can to salvage this tattoo :/

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

I believe that white ink tattoos turn yellow/brown in color over time. Not sure on how long it usually takes, but pretty sure its expected.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Yep as I know, white tattoos are shit and never last 🙂

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ezrider 124685 wrote:

I believe that white ink tattoos turn yellow/brown in color over time. Not sure on how long it usually takes, but pretty sure its expected.

took mine a year.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

There is some new white ink around, but I don’t remember the name of it.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Should have came here first before the tattoo. You probably wouldn’t have listened but we would have told you it won’t last.
    If you think it looks like shit now just wait.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Coverup…..

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Depends on skin tone. There’s a group of freaky white people, like myself, who never, ever are in the sun. I work inside. I exercise inside. My car is in a garage. My skin is super pale. I’m trying to remember the year of my first tattoo, but I think it was maybe 2007 or 2008. It has some white highlights, and they look, well, white. I showed the last tattooist who worked on me, and she said it was because of my natural lack of melanin. There’s nothing breaking through to make it yellow or brown.

Most people have either pink or yellow undertones to their skin. The majority of us are yellows: The Asians, blacks, Hispanics, most whites, etc. People with pink undertones tend to seem to thrive better with white ink.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.