Kol
    Participant
    @kol

hey all,

it’ll be a month in 3 days…i got the steroid cream from my dermatologist…that healed the itchiness and raised bumps…my tattoo is totally flat now…thankfully!

one question i had…i still have *some* swelling…my tattoo is on my right forearm (top)…i’m right handed, so i obviously put strain on it (noticed it especially when cutting with a knife this afternoon)…but what I’ve observed is, when i’m resting my right forearm on my computer chair, it’ll cause some pain…in the mornings when i wake up, is when i notice the swelling…i think at one point i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, so it could be that, but i haven’t had any problems until after i got the tattoo

what can you guys tell me about this?

kol

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I have swelling in my leg pretty much all the time. Usually it is hardly noticeable, some times much worse. I have been getting tattoo work done almost every two weeks on my lower leg. Now, the tattoo is progressing upward and the swelling is not near as bad.

If that steroid cream causes swelling, I’ll get some for my cock.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Well that’s probably why, because you keep going back for more work. That’s good.

Cute…I’m off the steroid cream.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I tend to swell up a lot while getting tattooed. I mean REALLY swollen. Advil and icepacks get most of the swelling down in just a few days, and it is completely gone in less than a week. I have the inside of both forearms tattooed, from wrist to ditch, and the swelling there didn’t last any longer than anywhere else. I don’t know why you are still seeing swelling after 4 weeks. And there should definitely be no pain at this point.

Although chopping veggies could aggravate a Carpal Tunnel injury.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

Hey Lola,

Yeah, sounds like what happened to me when I first got it. Yeah. I don’t know why either. Hope there isn’t any muscle or nerve damage from it.

Yeah, exactly.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It could also be the way the tattoo artist was leaning on you and pinched the ulnar or radial nerve even more, along with tissue trauma. This would make it REALLY hurt.

Kol
    Participant
    @kol

@GrayCatLove 128286 wrote:

It could also be the way the tattoo artist was leaning on you and pinched the ulnar or radial nerve even more, along with tissue trauma. This would make it REALLY hurt.

That was my hypothesis. Hopefully I’ll heal over time. Thanks for the reply.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Kol 128288 wrote:

That was my hypothesis. Hopefully I’ll heal over time. Thanks for the reply.

Tattoo artists are kind of like ancient Greek doctors. Even the best ones even only really have a detailed knowledge of the external structures (since they’re not cutting people open a lot). If you experience numbness in the pinky and ring finger, it’s the ulnar. The other ones relate to the radial. If some underlying structure starts to feel “not right” during a tattoo, don’t sit there. Last tattoo I had to say, “You’re leaning on my bladder and now I have to pee.” Well, laying his forearm across my pelvic girdle gave him stability, but you’ve got to work as a team.

The tattoo, however, came out very well.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

My lower leg swelling is gone as tattooing continues “North”. Little or no swelling of my thigh.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

When I got my chest tattooed my boobs swelled up, for a few days I had really nice tits.

I don’t think you should be swollen a month later though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.