jac
    Participant
    @jac

Hi Guys I have had a tattoo done on my foot 6 months ago and half of it faded to almost nothing. I had it reinked by the same artist a few weeks ago but it has done the same thing. The outline is great but the shading is almost non existant. If my skin was rejecting the ink why would it be only on half of the tat and why only the shading?
    :confused:

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Please post some photos.
    The foot can have issues.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Sam’s right. Pictures would help a lot.

Did you wear either socks or shoes over the area? Anything that rubs can “erase” the ink out of a new tattoo. Especially while it is healing. And feet can take a lot longer to heal. After my foot was tattooed I wore no socks and only pumps that did not cover the area for a full six weeks. In the dead of winter. In Canada. But it healed nicely so it was worth it.

My local artist will not do free touch ups on hands or feet, because they often do not heal well. (She makes this very clear during the consultation.)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

What the fuck kind of “artist” tattoos a foot and doesn’t mention to the client that the foot typically doesn’t hold ink well?

jac
    Participant
    @jac

Just trying to work out how to post a pic

jac
    Participant
    @jac

Buttwheat he never mentioned anything even after going back the second time. Really annoys me. Not a big tat this one on my foot but it is one for my kids and if I knew this I may have decided against it.

jac
    Participant
    @jac

Not having much luck with the pics. Can anyone tell me how to add pics please. Thanks

jac
    Participant
    @jac

I didn’t wear any closed in shoes only thongs as they didn’t rub (the benifits of living in Far North QLD). I work in an office so I kick my shoes off most of the day also.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

This forum might not let you post pics directly into a thread when you are new. So either upload them into your profile here or provide a link to where you have them posted.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

There is a picture FAQ in the announcements forum I think

jac
    Participant
    @jac

2014-01-07110438_zpsa53df474.jpg

jac
    Participant
    @jac

You can see it is only small areas but it looks crappy and cheap.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well to be honest.. It’s a poor design, poor placement and poor execution. I’d suggest going to someone completely different – someone more talented and see what they think.
    But anything on that placement will have fading occur, it’s not just shoes etc, but the skin inside your palms and underneath your feet (and on the sides of them) regenerates much more often that other skin, which is why there will be fading much quicker than other places :/

jac
    Participant
    @jac

Thanks for your works of wisdom. I will do just that. It is hard to know who to go to and who can’t tattoo for crap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.