DC330
    Participant
    @dc330

So, i got a 3 quarter sleeve started about a year ago. First session i got the full outline done. I was sent of on a deployment so I couldn’t finish it with the same artist. I decided to try to get it finished when I was in Japan by another artist. Big mistake, lesson learned. Anyways, when I got back to the US I had the first artist who started it fix it up, all in all I am satisfied with how it came out now. Although, some of the “blood lines” I was told they are called, that were done during the outline for some of the smoke on the tattoo, have not faded away. I asked the artist about this and was told they eventually fade. Not sure if he realizes this was about a year ago when they were done. I will attach photos soon. Anyone have any info on this? Maybe done wrong? Or does it take that long?

Thanks for any insight

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Not sure what a bloodline is

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@buttwheat 139794 wrote:

Not sure what a bloodline is

Hellraiser movie.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well, bloodlines are used as markers and meant to be tattooed over. Now these can be done several different ways; If you’re getting a large tattoo done, but you’re about to tap out, the artist may do bloodlines for the remainder of the linework so they don’t have to do a new stencil and try to make it fit with the existing tattoo. Pretty common practice. They may also be used for marking out smoke etc, as was done with you. Now, if you’re supposed to come in again very soon, say a couple weeks, they may make the bloodlines without ink. But they may also make them with a very very very light ink – say a very watered out black. This is usually done for remaining linework, as it’s meant to be covered later on. But yeah, you also depend on them fading, because obviously they’re not made quite as well as the actual linework is supposed to be.

If they fade or not.. Well that depends. What quantity of ink was used etc. You getting your tattoo attempted finished with someone else, may have changed the design in such a way that where your original artist meant for there to be smoke, aka a shading covering up the bloodlines, may not have worked anymore and plans had to be changed. But, hard to tell without seeing a picture.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@poxphobia 139804 wrote:

Well, bloodlines are used as markers and meant to be tattooed over. Now these can be done several different ways; If you’re getting a large tattoo done, but you’re about to tap out, the artist may do bloodlines for the remainder of the linework so they don’t have to do a new stencil and try to make it fit with the existing tattoo. Pretty common practice. They may also be used for marking out smoke etc, as was done with you. Now, if you’re supposed to come in again very soon, say a couple weeks, they may make the bloodlines without ink. But they may also make them with a very very very light ink – say a very watered out black. This is usually done for remaining linework, as it’s meant to be covered later on. But yeah, you also depend on them fading, because obviously they’re not made quite as well as the actual linework is supposed to be.

If they fade or not.. Well that depends. What quantity of ink was used etc. You getting your tattoo attempted finished with someone else, may have changed the design in such a way that where your original artist meant for there to be smoke, aka a shading covering up the bloodlines, may not have worked anymore and plans had to be changed. But, hard to tell without seeing a picture.

This :)!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.