SlightRegret
@

Long story short, I am 25 and I made a bad tattoo decision when I was 18. If anyone is familiar with The Punisher comic book, I’ve got the skull logo about 5 inches wide by 7 inches tall in solid black between my shoulder blades. I’m just not a fan of having it anymore.

I am planning to go the route of laser removal in a few years or so, but for now I would like to fade it a bit if possible. I have extremely fair skin and tend to burn badly in the sun unless I completely slather myself in sunscreen multiple times a day.

My question is, if I go the beach and intentionally avoid putting sunscreen on the tattooed area, will this help it fade and make removal easier later on? Any potential complications with this, or would it just be a waste of time?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Other than skin cancer, discomfort, other damage to your skin, an annoying red color to you all summer, people smacking you on the back because they know you are burnt all the time, peeling constantly all for a 10% reduction in color I don’t see a problem with this plan.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

sorry but that’s a dumb plan. just go with laser removal. not worth getting melanoma over.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.