VashUG
    Participant
    @vashug

I want to get some neon lights on my existing tattoo, and i was just wondering how well lighting turns out on skin? i wanted to get some neon light tubes like these

green-neon-lights.jpg
    just an example

so is it possible to make it look good on a tattoo? or should i just go with something else colorwise?

thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

pics of tattoos are welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

would prob only look like a neon light if you had UV added to it and then sit with a black light on . :rolleyes:

VashUG
    Participant
    @vashug

yeah i thought about doing UV ink, still wondering if its possible to make it look good in regular lighting, im a pretty pale guy so color shows up well on me ๐Ÿ˜›

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i think you would have to have the UV as highlights to yellow or green and not a solid colour

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

For a min I thought you meant getting a surgical implant on the edges of your tattoo – which can be done but damn I do not know why the guy did it.

Tana is correct the only way to get a tattoo to look neon is to either use full uv ink or highlight in uv ink otherwise it will still look colourful but flat.

You could get the artist to do a spread effect/blur on the shade but again I do not think it would make it to the level you want.

Can I ask why you would want this type of tattoo? First time I ever heard of somebody wanting a neon bulb tattooing is all – what is the meaning/motivation behind it.

Take Care
    Matthew

VashUG
    Participant
    @vashug
    Sherav;44912 wrote:
    Hi

For a min I thought you meant getting a surgical implant on the edges of your tattoo – which can be done but damn I do not know why the guy did it.

Tana is correct the only way to get a tattoo to look neon is to either use full uv ink or highlight in uv ink otherwise it will still look colourful but flat.

You could get the artist to do a spread effect/blur on the shade but again I do not think it would make it to the level you want.

Can I ask why you would want this type of tattoo? First time I ever heard of somebody wanting a neon bulb tattooing is all – what is the meaning/motivation behind it.

Take Care
    Matthew

ok well ill ask my artist if hes gunna be able to get the effect i want.

well for one you proved my point, i wanted something unique, obviously its not been done to your knowledge ๐Ÿ˜€ and i want some lime green color in my tattoo, so i thought the coolest way that it would fit in is through some kind of lighting effect rigged to my sheet metal biohazard symbol, it was either the lime green light tubes kinda rigged onto it haphazard, or some of the seems breaking apart and green light shining through. the black light ink would be pretty neat so it actually does work as light ๐Ÿ˜› but i really dont know when im around black lights all that much lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.